Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fantasy Job

Last night I had the opportunity to participate in a paid focus group. If you didn't already know, you can get paid for your opinions. Anyway, the moderator asked us to introduce ourselves by saying our name, where we were born, and what our fantasy/dream job would be if we weren't doing what we are doing now. The first thing that popped into my mind was be a stay at home mom and raise my kids. This is something I have always wanted to be able to do and I'm doing it. I couldn't use that as my fantasy job. I was put on the spot and could not think of me so I said a "marriage and family therapist". What? how boring. What kind of fantasy is that? Sure I want to go back to school in the next 2-3 years and become a MFT but is that my fantasy job. I still couldn't think of anything...until others started saying what they their's was and then all sorts of ideas popped into my head. Here they are in no particular order.
  • Author- children's, or mystery novels.
  • massage therapist
  • Chef
  • I would love to have Samantha Brown's job and travel the world.
  • Food critic
  • write reviews on spas and retreats
  • Singer (this is a big fantasy because I really can't sing)
  • Dancer
What would be your fantasy job?

2 comments:

  1. I'd go with food critic myself. But I'd also love to be a photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion designer/seamstress (of modest, CUTE clothes for women and children)
    Photographer
    Author
    French professor (like, literature type...not just the basics of french)
    When I was younger I wanted to be a film critic, but then realized I'd have to be subjected to a LOT of films I wouldn't want to watch, much less critique.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?